Your Future is BRIGHT!
Your Future is BRIGHT!
I’m interested in …
Why your future is Bright
with Bright Dental Assisting!
Is becoming a dental assistant the right career choice? Dental assisting is a fun, fast-paced, high-paying position with great hours. Historically, becoming a dental assistant has required enrollment in a community college with several course prerequisites and a year-long commitment for program completion.
Well, not anymore.
The benefits of becoming a dental assistant can include:
- Being a part of a team
- Outstanding Medical/Dental/Time-off benefits
- Avoiding working nights and weekends
- Working with the latest technology and becoming a respected professional in a great working environment
What exactly is the role of a dental assistant?
While dental assistants are largely responsible for assisting a licensed dental provider with dental procedures, they also
- Efficiently prepare patients for exams by taking radiographs or x-rays
- Update and maintain patient charts
- Sterilize instruments and operatories
Dental assistants can also perform administrative duties like scheduling appointments, completing dental insurance claims, and billing patients. Dental assistants may even get to work in a variety of dental settings, like with a general dentist or specialist.
Doesn’t this sound great already?
WHY your future is BRIGHT
With us, there’s a big difference between community college and other programs. Let’s break it down!
Bright Dental Assisting Program is a fun and exciting environment to learn. It’s also a fast-paced and comprehensive program that will put you both in the classroom to learn the ‘bookwork’ and clinical situations to prepare you for the real world of dental assisting! We’ll teach you EVERYTHING you need to know–even if your own experience with teeth is brushing your own. Each week, expect to be with us for approximately 40 hours–and to study at home in the evenings. It will be so worth it!
The cost of tuition is $11,500 with 50% due when you enroll. We have in-house financing options with low interest rates if paid within one year of starting the course, and also can help you with extended financing options.
While this may sound expensive, just remember the average salary in 2018 for dental assistants was $43,400 – that means once you graduate and find placement, that training and dedication was worth it! Don’t let money be the reason you don’t start your new career– we can provide you with financing options.
See, we told you your future is BRIGHT!
Reach out for financing today!
Certification and Exams
Look at the fine print with other programs. A lot of times you won’t graduate with all the certifications you need to be a fully licensed dental assistant.
But with us, you will graduate with the confidence of knowing that you have passed the exams necessary to be a certified dental assistant in the state of Oregon. And, we guarantee it!
The exams include:
- Radiation Health and Safety Exam
- Oregon Expanded Dental Assistant Exam.
- Oregon Basic Dental Assisting Exam.
Additional cost Dental Assistant certifications include:
- Oregon Radiology proficiency license
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistant (EFDA) certification
- Healthcare level CPR certification
- DANB Radiology Health and Safety certification
- ADAA membership and personal liability policy
We guarantee our student’s futures are BRIGHT!
Being a dental assistant in Oregon requires several certifications. Many programs leave you in the dark and on your own to take these exams. Not at Bright Dental Assisting! We not only give you the skills to take the exams and succeed, but we guarantee it.
If for any reason a student doesn’t pass the exams required to become a dental assistant, they’re eligible to return and retake any portion of the classes for up to 12 months. Our expert instructors work with our students to ensure their success.
See the numbers
years of experience teaching you the best dental practices
We’ve got the professionals for you! The best teachers Central and Southern Oregon has to offer are here to teach you our very best practices in a fun, hands-on learning environment.
Dr. Welch, DMD MPH
- Over 24 years of experience in the dental field in a variety of clinical settings
- EFDA/EFODA/CDA Certificate from Lane Community College
- BS in General Science from the University of Oregon
- MPH in Policy and Finance from Arizona School of Health Sciences
- DMD from the Arizona School of Dentistry and Oral Health
- Advanced Education in General Dentistry Residency Certificate from Lutheran Medical Center
- Professional Member Lane County Dental Society
- Professional Member Oregon Dental Association
- Professional Member American Dental Association
- Certified by the Oregon Board of Dentistry to teach Radiology, Sealants, and Cord Packing
Jessie Andrews, EFDA
- Over 14 years experience in the dental profession as a dental assistant and Regional Manager
- EFDA/EFODA/CDA certificate from Lane Community College (Student of the Year Recipient)
- Successfully completed WREB Examination for Restorative Functions
- Currently a practicing dental assistant in an Oral Surgery/General Anesthesia setting with previous experience in Pediatrics, General Dentistry, and Endodontics
- Previous dental assistant instructor for large, Dental Service Organization
- Certified by the Oregon Board of Dentistry to teach Radiology and Sealants